Today marks my 3rd year anniversary at my new job… 3 years since I gave up daycare... How I miss my kids dearly that I used to keep. I don’t hear from to many of them anymore and that saddens me. I think about them starting school, wondering what they look like now. Do they remember me? 3 yrs ago I started my daily trek to down town Dallas for my new job. While I miss my daycare kids very much; I don’t miss the business. I’m very thankful for my flexibility I have now. I’m thankful for the new friends I’ve made since coming here. I get to pick my kids up from school every day; I can take off when we’re sick without fear of upsetting someone... And the best part of that?? I still get paid for it… I can ask for vacation days and not worry about people upset that I’m ruining their plans as well. I come home to my house the same way I left it (but I also have less time to work on getting it clean now)… But I also miss the countless hugs and kisses, the “I love you Miss Carrie”, laughing till I got tears over some of the witty things kids can say, watching children grow and learn… coming up with my lessons to work with them, planning our parties… I also miss spending the day at home with my kids. I couldn’t do that now as my kids are all in school, but I miss those days a lot. But I’m so thankful for that time I got with them during the day; to be a part of there every move. I feel really blessed with where I’ve come from; and where I’m at now. God, I thank you for putting people into my life at just the right time, they have been there for me in immeasurable ways. I am truly blessed with all of the changes that have come my way; not only in the past 3 yrs, but in my lifetime. I’ve had to go through some tough struggles during these past 3 yrs and I’m not sure that I could have gone through them as smoothly had I been doing daycare. I don’t think I could have taken the time off I needed (and kept all of my children I had) with the passing of 2 grandparents, my trials in marriage, and all of the sickness that Peyton endured had I been doing daycare still.
Happy Friday to you all... My kids have early release today; we have soccer games tomorrow and we’ll be going to a pumpkin patch. The kids are excited; I’m thrilled we are having great weather... My laptop is on the fritz; a friend’s boyfriend will be fixing it for us this weekend. Hopefully by next week I can start sharing pictures again. I have several to share.
No comments:
Post a Comment