Those of you that know my family well know that Peyton is extremely picky when it comes to what he will eat. Last night for dinner I made grilled ham and cheese sandwiches, sliced cucumbers and tomato soup. None of which Peyton would EVER eat…. So it was a given that Peyton was going to be eating cereal for dinner. This kid doesn’t like chicken nuggets; don’t even think about putting cheese on anything for him, he won’t touch it. Vegetables? Are you kidding! They must be filled with some toxin that we know nothing about; he will not eat them. Fruits, he likes most of them. He is really hard to cook for so I’ve given up on trying to make things that he likes because we’d be eating sloppy joes, spaghetti and hamburgers for the rest of our lives. Well last night he went and grabbed a grilled ham and cheese sandwich and said he’d try it!! You’ll do what???? Did I hear you right?? You’ll TRY something?? This is a kid that will sit there crying for hours before TRYING something!! So I guess this pretending we don’t care what you eat thing is helping... I’ve learned the more we as parents push him to try something the more he pushes that he will NOT try it... So, after taking a few bites of his sandwich he looks at me and says “What’s in that bowl?”… “My tomato soup, would you like to try some?”… His response was just as shocking; he said YES!! So I give him a little taste of it to which he quickly asks “is there more?”… My baby ate ½ a grilled cheese sandwich and a little bit of tomato soup! We all gave him a round of applause and told him we were so excited he tried something new! Maybe this is the beginning to something good??
Monday, October 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment