I've only been to one college game in the past and it was SMU vs Navy. My husband is a HUGE sports fan; but OU ranks up there in his all time favorite teams. Our game room is even painted in Crimson! :-) Since our trip to NYC got cancelled I used the money from selling those tickets to get him tickets to a local game of his choice, and he chose OU vs Nebraska. His dad was born and raised in Nebraska and is a fan of them. We had such a great time at this game, and it was far greater then I expected as far as the scene leading up to the game. The drive wasn't to bad; although I have to tell you.. Jeff and I REALLY have to start getting out alone again, without kids. Finding something to talk about for a 3 hr road trip was harder then I thought!! LOL I did however enjoy the scenery on the drive!! One of the many things I miss about the North; the gorgeous colors of the Fall Season.
I do want to start with one bit of advice for any of you traveling to Norman for a game. When pulling off of 35 onto HWY 9, under no circumstances should you stop at the 1st gas station you will pass on your right; with the below pictured sign outside. Unless of course you don't mind stepping into a bathroom that smells horribly bad of human waste, the bathroom floor is covered in water, and is littered with empty TP rolls and TP all over the floor. The stench was SOOO bad you could smell it upon entering the store. I promise you, down one more light is something that appeared to be a little more cleaner! That was the worst bathroom experience I've ever encountered.
Jeff wanted to get there early enough for the Sooner Fan Fest; to soak it all in and be a part of everything he could be a part of. Since we didn't really know where we were going, how long it would take us etc, we left a little earlier then we probably should have. We got to the Stadium around 2:30?? :-) We had fun walking the campus grounds though. And were amazed at the scene of the tailgaters around us.
And we even have proof that Santa is an OU fan!!
We finally got in and found our seats, I bought the tickets off of Ebay; and was kind of nervous about where we would be sitting.. Those that know me well know that I'm terrified of heights, I cannot do nosebleed sections, or anything that makes me feel like I might fall forward if I stand up. So that was first on the list to check out; exactly how bad off they were! Not to bad!! This is the view from our seats..
Having never gone to college myself and getting to experience all that comes with it, I loved seeing the traditions that they do at all of the games. Jeff had a great time getting involved with them.. I took a picture of the Jumbo tron showing the band down on the field.
Every time OU would score the Sooner Schooners would come out on the field to get the crowd cheering.
Based on the score after the first quarter you can imagine how tired they were by the end of the game! Those poor horsies!!

No comments:
Post a Comment