Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Summer Summer Summertime.....

Happy hearts and happy faces,
Happy play in grassy places.

Aleena and Peyton Jumping in the Sprinkler outside on a gorgeous day

Aleena soaking up some sun

Pman trying to get warm...

I remember summertime being one of my favorite times of year.. Sleeping in late, enjoying Lake Michigan, swimming in the pond in my uncles back yard (which by the way I can't believe we ever did that), taking trips to TX to visit my sweet grandmother and extended family, picking blueberries, riding horses with my cousins, spending time at my Aunt Becky's house.. Blueberry festival, HarborFest, 4th of July, spending time at Kids Korner, Blue Moon Icecream.. These are all of the reasons why I love to go back to MI during the summer, brings back so many memories, and I want my kids to have the same memories, plus some new ones. :-) I don't think we'll be getting back home this summer though, which leaves me a little broken hearted... I will be heading to Las Vegas in a few weeks though to spend some time with my a few family members when my cousin gets married!! I'm so excited about that.



Over the past few weekends we've been trying to create some flower beds.. I didn't take a before picture, but imagine a tree with grass and weeds all around it! :-) The kids had fun helping us with this project. Let me tell you, this was the first time Jeff and I have ever done a bed from scratch, and we didn't really know what we were getting ourselves into!! LOL.. After about 5-6 trips to Home Depot that first weekend, we finally were getting the hang of it.. Still have some minor things to do, like cement the stones together, and finish the front yard..

But here is the "finished" project in the backyard. We aren't real sure what to plant, so just started with some basic flowers for now..




1 comment:

Kristi said...

hey, your flower bed looks great. Pretty super considering you'd never done it before.