I follow a blog where Kelly does a blog post series on Fridays called Show us where you live... Well I've been too busy to take pictures, and to be honest with you some of these rooms have been a wreck and I wouldn't want to show them! LOL.. But last night I decided to take pictures of my living room and kitchen area. We've been in our house for 3 yrs this past April, and were still trying to make it a home. We more then doubled our space moving into this house, and shortly after moving in Jeff lost his job. So for over 1.5 yrs we had to watch every penny as he job searched, made his career change etc.. We are finally in a place to start adding things to it again.. but anyway.. here are the rooms..
The Kitchen
The one thing in this room that I'd like to change are the colors of the cabinets, I'd like them to be much darker.. This is looking into the kitchen from one entry way from the Living Room.
This is looking from that same entry way towards the dining area. My next project are window treatments. Jeff HATES curtains and thinks I should just leave the blinds, but I personally think curtains make it more "homey".. ??
Looking from the dining area back into the kitchen
And looking at the dining area from the living room
My plates above my pantry door
And one of my favorite things in my house. I found this pitcher years ago, I love the color purple and wanted to find a place for this. Purple really didn't go anywhere in my home.. Purple was also my grandmothers favorite color. After her funeral I took several flowers from her arrangement and let them dry out and placed them in this vase. I need to find something to spray on these for dust and stuff, so if you have any suggestions let me know.. This pitcher now sits on my bar.
The Living Room
This is looking into the living room from the dining area (yes, another room that needs curtains!).. This is a room that we spend most of our time in.
View from the large sofa looking over
View from the entry way (and I REALLY need a slip cover for Jeff's Man chair!)
This is the view coming from our bedroom
the top of one bookcase
And the other bookcase.

No comments:
Post a Comment