Sunday, June 07, 2009

Another milestone for Aleena

Farewell to dollies, blankies and bows
Welcome to makeup, telephones and beaus!
Aleena has been asking for months to shave her legs. I'm not quite sure what the normal age is now that most girls start, but I know I was around Aleena's age somewhere. She'll be 11 next month, and entering 6th grade. At her pool party the other day I asked all of her friends, and they've already been doing it for awhile, so I decided to sit down with Aleena and show her I had Jeff take some pictures of it. :-)
As you can see I'm not the only one that gets the "Come on already" look from her nowadays!
:-) She had just knicked herself a little bit on her ankle :-(
And a self portrait of us after we were all done!!



Beautiful Daughter
I looked at you today
and saw the same beautiful eyes
that looked at me with love
when you were a baby
I looked at you today
and saw the same beautiful mouth
that made me cry when
you first smiled at me when you were a baby
It was not long ago that I held you in my arms
long after you fell asleep
and I just kept rocking you all night long

I looked at you today
and saw my beautiful daughter
no longer a baby
but a beautiful person
with a full range of emotions and feelings
and ideas and goals
Every day is exciting as I continue
to watch you grow
And I want you to always know
that in good and bad times
I will love you and that no matter what you do
or how you think or what you say
you can depend on my support, guidance
friendship and love
every minute of every day
I love being your mother

1 comment:

Jamie said...

oh my I am dreading mine my daughter has been hinting at me about hers too She is 10 so about the same age. they grow up so fast!!