Wednesday, April 29, 2009

fun with friends..

Several years ago, I learned about a baby who was fighting for her life. She had Leukemia, at such a tender young age. You can read about her story here . I heard about her battle from Jeff, her uncle was a co-worker of his. I set out to help however I could, with fundraisers, spreading the word etc. During that time I joined a group called Friends of Allie, created in this young girls memory. Through this group I started walking in Light The Night walks, raising money for LLS. FOA was a huge group and people in each town started creating there own message boards to keep in touch, share ideas, fundraise, deliver meals etc. Through this group I met a few ladies that are now great friends of mine. One of them, Kristi, not knowing much about me, but knowing I was looking to get out of daycare, let me know about an opening at her company. And that's how I got the job I got today. I had corresponded with her on this message board, primarily about kids we were praying for, who needed meals, donating baskets to the hospitals etc. And met her twice, at LTN functions. I now see her on a daily basis at work, and we've grown quite close.. Thankfully, considering we share a cube at work now!! LOL We also met George, a sweet lady from England... And Heidi.. Who lives a few hours away.

"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out."~ Walter Winchell

Kristi and I try to get together with George a few times a year, George might think its only so we can have her great curry that she makes, but I promise its for the great stories, conversations and friendship she offers as well... She's got a sweet daughter who is just growing like crazy.

"Friends are those rare people who ask how you are and then wait to hear the answer."
Heidi is also a very sweet lady. And what saddens me is that in the past 3 yrs we haven't gotten together, only communicated via email. Until she delivered her 3rd baby, and Kristi and I drove to see her in the hospital on a whim. But what breaks my heart most, is that this sweet lady and her family are being stationed in Germany. They will be moving in 2 wks. 3 yrs we wasted not seeing each other, and now for 3yrs they'll be on the other side of the world! Heidi is the mother to 3 gorgeous kiddos, 2 boys and her little princess. We've seen her 2 more times since she had her baby 2 months ago. One day she surprised us up at work after an impromptu trip to Dallas. And this past weekend us 4 ladies and our families (minus my hubby and grown son), met up at a park in Denton.

The weather was GREAT, the kids had a super fantastic time playing, I got to love on some babies.. and we got to spend some cherished time with each other...

Heidi, we'll miss you and your family dearly, but i know you'll be updating your blog with lots of cool pictures that we will all envy, and sharing great stories.. And we'll see you soon.. ((HUGS))

Us 4 moms and our kids

Just us moms!

Me getting some baby loves from sweet Sianna


Jimmy pushing the kids on the tire swing.


No comments: