Monday, March 03, 2008

Only in Texas...

In the past 48 hrs we've been at 80 degrees; in the past 24 hrs we've had Tornado Warnings, Flash Flood Warnings and now a snow advisory. There is currently about 1/2 inch of snow out there and it's still coming down. Some reports say we'll have 2-3". And all of you up north will laugh at me, but I hope it's that much, it means our metroplex will pretty much shut down. :-) Which means no work for me!!!



On Friday I took Peyton to the eye DR and was glad to hear that his vision has stayed the same. Although his Depth Perception is declining again. So we'll be starting a patch on his eye. On Saturday I noticed that he was having a hard time kicking the ball; which is new for him, last season he did great. I mentioned this to the teacher this AM and she wondered if this is why we are having some difficulty with his handwriting. So I called the DR and sure enough, it affects his hand eye coordination, can affect his writing, drawing etc. Over time it could mean more difficulties for him, riding a bike, walking, catching and throwing a ball, and even driving. But those are worst case scenarios. So he'll now start Occupational Therapy at school to help him with all of this. We are hoping to have him set up within a week or so for it. I pray we can turn this around and get him back up to par.



On a good note for him, his front teeth are almost here!!! You can see the indentations on his gum line, but they haven't broken through yet. I'm so excited... I'll be sure to send pictures through.



((HUGS)) to you all. Thank you to those of you that have continued to check on me and my family to see how were doing. Last Wednesday I had a hard time, believing that it had already been a week since I seen her, touched her, talked to her etc. We'll all be Ok over time, but we all miss her dearly and can't wait to see her again.

No comments: