I'd like to thank everyone of you who have sent cards, emails, called, provided food, your time, flowers etc to my entire family over the past few days. Thanks to my In-Laws for showing up at the visitation and funeral to help offer support to me and the kids. It's been a difficult few days but to know that we had the love and support from our friends has really helped all of us through it. Below is the link for the pictures I took at the Visitation and the Service. We have a large family (100 of us) and always enjoy getting together. For the first time all 13 of my Grandma's kids were together!! And yes I got a picture of it. :-) Here is a link to my lovely Grandmothers Obituary online as well.
http://www.turrenti nejacksonmorrow. com/detail. php?id=3068 You'll see in the album below a picture Aleena drew for my grandma. The night I rushed up to the hospital because her blood pressure was dropping, Aleena had colored her a picture. The next day when I had to break the news to her she started crying that she had colored Grandma a picture, so at the visitation she put it in the casket with her. The lady at the funeral home was sweet enough to scan it and email it to me. Keep Aleena in your prayers. She's having a hard time dealing with this; she begged not to leave the funeral home and went back several times to touch and kiss my grandma. She did good during the funeral yesterday. It's going to take her some time.
For those of you fortunate enough to have your parents and grandparents around still; please spend as much time with them as you can. Having watched my mom, Aunts and Uncles through this time, it's been hard. I can't imagine what it would be like the day my mom is no longer with me. Spend as much time with them as you can; I think we all agree, the time is never long enough.. It IS truly a luxury..... One I wish I could have back...
http://www.kodakgal lery.com/ I.jsp?c=7n1mbgn. 21sv35dz&x=1&y=vn2i9a
Monday, February 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment