Tuesday, November 15, 2005

BRRRR


That is exactly how I feel right now! The wind is howling like crazy outside, I'm freezing and ready to climb in bed. I came straight home from work and put on some fleece pants, nice warm fuzzy socks and a sweater! I knew a cold front was coming in town, but for some reason didn't anticipate it today! I typically don't notice the cold weather. Right now I park in the garage, at work I park in a parking garage. So it's not very often I get out of the car outside of a garage! But today I had a seminar to go to, and when I walked out of the hotel, I was hit with a cold blast! It's going to get down into the low 30's tonight. I really don't care for this weather here. In MI it wasn't so bad because I could associate it with snow! Well here all we get is one bad ice storm a year! If I'm going to be cold I want something worth looking at out there! :-)

Can you believe that the holiday season is already here?? Have you got any Xmas shopping done?? For those of you that know me you know I NEVER start until the week before! LOL But I have a shocker for you! I've started!!! Yep.. I have ONE xmas present in my closet!! That's a great start huh?? It's for my nephew Austin. Me and Jeff love the thrill of going out the week before (Even on Xmas eve) and get it all done in one day, sometimes 2. We have a sitter for the kids and we go shopping! Jeff is odd in that he loves to shop! Well unless it's all 5 of us together for a family and I'm on my 4th clearance rack at Kohl's ( I LOVE there sales!) then he's ready to go!

I've been asked many times if I am happy about my decision about not doing daycare anymore and working out of the house! I spent the first few weeks very upset and unsure of my decision. I must say though, this week has been a real eye opener for me and I can officially say that I'm happy with my decision!! Here are a few reasons why.. 1) I'm only working 2 days next week! AND I am getting paid for 5!!!! 2) IF I stay past my scheduled time it's MY decision and I'm getting paid for it, no questions asked!!! 3) this week I'll be fortunate enough to leave work early and attend a function at school with my baby girl!! I'm so excited about that, and so is she! There are many things that I do miss about daycare, but this flexibility and the perks of it are so much worth it!

Jose hasn't been feeling well the past few days. Peyton had Bronchitis last week. Now Jose has the sniffles, sore throat and just over all feeling crummy! Hopefully he won't have any asthma flareups with it! I'm off to watch the CMA awards (and see Bon Jovi!!!!).. Thanks for stopping in.. Above is a pic of my big boy Jose! Hard to believe he's 11 now..

No comments: