Saturday, February 20, 2010

One more day...

Last night I had a crazy dream
A wish was granted just for me
It could be for anything
I didn't ask for money
Or a mansion in Malibu
I simply wished, for one more day with you
One more day
One more time
One more sunset, maybe I'd be satisfied
But then again
I know what it would do
Leave me wishing still, for one more day with you
 

 
Tomorrow marks 2 yrs since my Grandma passed away.. It's so hard to believe its been 2 yrs since I last told her I loved you, felt her soft skin, kissed her sweet cheek, touched her soft hair..  Its in understatement to say this woman is missed.. Dearly.. Not a day goes by that I don't think of her, and wish I could sit in her living room with her again, watch her hug my kids, or give me a hug. Share another story with her, watch her do a little dance, smile at me.. I try to keep the memory of her alive, share stories about her with my kids, remember things about her.  I remember the night she passed away, and I was sitting on the couch with Jeff, in a complete fog, trying to make sense of everything.. I just kept crying, and rubbing my hands, saying I never wanted to forget her touch.  I always told her I loved her soft hands, we all did.. I miss her dearly... we all do...


This picture brings a smile to my face.  To tell my kids that Grandma had passed, was a really hard thing to do.  Aleena had seen her the night before she passed, and was so upset that things didn't seem to be doing good.  When I told her that Grandma didn't make it through the night, she ran upstairs crying, and came back down with this picture, saying she had drawn it for Grandma, to make her feel better.  I broke down, again. We put this in the casket with my Grandma, and the lady at the funeral home was kind enough to scan it and email it to me. It's now framed, in a collage of pictures in our entry way.
 
What Is a Grandma?



A grandma is warm hugs and sweet memories. She remembers all of your accomplishments and forgets all of your mistakes. She is someone you can tell your secrets and worries to, and she hopes and prays that all your dreams come true. She always loves you, no matter what. She can see past temper tantrums and bad moods, and makes it clear that they don't affect how precious you are to her. She is an encouraging word and a tender touch. She is full of proud smiles. She is the one person in the world who loves you with all her heart, who remembers the child you were and cherishes the person you've become. ~Barbara Cage~


Be sure to check out my Business Blog
http://www.southerngalsboutique.blogspot.com/

No comments: