Friday, January 15, 2010

Still alive!!

Hello everyone! Wow has it been a long time since I’ve done an update! :-) That’s what happens when your internet has been down.. and working overtime like crazy, barely allowing me time to be a mom and wife, let alone blog. But alas, here I am..
First.. a few updates.. Jeff has a job!! Its back in retail, which definitely has its ups and downs! But, it’s a job! He’ll be working really close to the house which is great. Were not to sure on the hours. I’m worried about how it will work out when the sports schedules pick back up. Peyton will be doing soccer and baseball, Aleena soccer, Jeff Softball and Soccer (playing and ref’ing), and Joey will be ref’ing soccer again this year. But we’ll make it! One thing I struggled with last season was getting frustrated over my busy schedule, and upset over not having anything that was related to what I wanted to do. And I’ve been thinking about it a lot during this off season, and hate that I felt that way. I’m going to try and focus on the fact that I’m as busy as any other mother out there, enjoy all of the moments with my children, even if it does mean were on the go all of the time. And make the most of the time that we are all home together as a family. Soon enough I’ll be wishing for these years again. All too soon I know. I read a quote on someone’s blog today that is so true.. Long Days.. but shorter years…
Yesterday I had a pleasant surprise from my sweet hubby. Jeff has always been great at showing me how much he appreciates me, and doing little things to show me how much he loves me. There is no doubt in my mind that this man loves me. I get told multiple times a day that he loves me, he’s very affectionate, always giving hugs and kisses. I’m trying not to take those for granted either. Sometimes it’s a little smothering, but I know that I’m blessed. He writes messages on the bathroom mirror with lipstick, writes on the shower doors where I’ll see it when they steam up, gives me a glass of tea when I walk in the door, back rubs, etc. draws me bath water with candles and a glass of wine.. Ok, so you get the picture.. Well a few months ago he bought a big box of silk rose petals, and had them leading from the bedroom door into the bathroom, leading to the tub. He had drawn me a bath with bath oil, petals, candles lit, etc.. Yesterday he got creative with those flower petals. :-)




Love is a moment that lasts forever...







No comments: