Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve Surprise!!

Oh the weather outside is frightful



But the fire is so delightful


And since we've no place to go,




Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!









When I went to bed last night, I had NO idea we were expecting snow today!! Yesterday we were at 72 degrees!!!!  Today?? 2" of snow!  Only in Texas?.. The kids were so thrilled today.. It started snowing around 11, and just quit a few hours ago.  Sadly it took hours for it to start sticking to the ground though.  First thing this AM we got a lot of rain, so the ground was too wet and just soaking up the snow.
What a great Christmas Present.  I moved to TX from MI nearly 14 yrs ago, and this is my first white Xmas since I've been here.  I don't miss the 3 months of winter, but I do miss it around the holidays. However, I really wish I would have done all of my Christmas shopping yesterday, when it was warmer! 

We wrapped all of our gifts, made some cookies, played in the snow, had hot cocoa, had chicken noodle soup for dinner.. kids are tucked into bed.. and mom and dad are heading there soon..

In 2005 I started the tradition of Jeff reading "Twas the night before Christmas" to the kids.  Each year I trace the kids handprints in the book to keep track of there growth.  They enjoy looking back at it. Especially this year, unfortunately I forgot to trace last year, so 2 yrs had past since last did it.  I'll share pictures of those later.

I hope you guys have a Blessed Christmas.  Remember, it's not about the gifts. It's about spending time with those you love, and creating happy memories to last a life time.  And Celebrating the birth of Jesus.
Thanks for visiting.



                                                        

No comments: