Joey woke up Saturday morning complaining about not feeling well. I quickly blew it off to him not wanting to go to work. He does sports training which means he needs to be at all of the football games, he didn’t get home until nearly midnight Friday night. And now he was going to go stand on the soccer fields for 5 hours as a referee. We took him to work, and I was still getting texts from him saying he wasn’t feeling well. About 1.5 hrs before his shift was over, he sent a text saying that he was having problems breathing, and his rescue wasn’t working. We were already at the soccer fields watching Aleena and Peyton’s game. So we went to check on him, and sure enough his asthma was flaring up. So we brought him home and gave him some breathing treatments and he took a shower and a nap while we went to the park with some family. When I got back he was running a fever. He’s got chronic sinusitis, so I was thinking it was a flare up from that, loaded him up on some Tylenol etc. He woke up yesterday AM and took some more Tylenol and went back to sleep on the couch. Around noon I finally woke him up, checked his temperature and realized he was sick with something worse. I did a web check in at our local Urgent Care and found out that they were having a 4 hr wait!! A little after 4 Jeff gets him there and finally around 7:30 they were on their way home. After some breathing treatments and tests, it was determined he has the flu.
The local CVS that we use was already closed, so I called around until I found one that was open 24 hrs AND had the Tamiflu in stock. After driving over there I find out that my insurance denied the RX because of the dosage. Apparently they think that dosage is only for those 18 and older, even though all of the research, even on Tamiflu’s website, indicates it’s for anyone over 13!! So, my morning has been filled with leaving messages for our family DR and my benefits department. They have opened up a research ticket on it and will be calling me back shortly.
I just pray it misses everyone else in the house!
Carrie Rogers
No comments:
Post a Comment