Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Still no change

I called this AM and spoke to Daddy’s nurse.  She happened to be the same nurse we had the night I stayed up there.  She said Daddy has had NO change, still has not slept more then MAYBE 5 mins here and there.  And she said the lady doing one on one is staying quite busy. I know from my long night up there it gets quite frustrating.  So I pray these ladies stepping in to help us out will have the patience they need to continue caring for him during the day.  It really is an exhausting task to deal with for hours at a time.  Apparently he pulled his IV out yesterday.  It’s not just the hallucinations you have to deal with. But Daddy is persistent he’s getting out of bed.  He thinks the tubes coming from him are various things for him to play with.  Yesterday they were shoestrings, tomato plants, and sales tags, candy etc… so you constantly have to make his hands do something else... So even if he’s quiet you still can’t sleep, because he’s always messing with something…

The DR decided to take him off of everything except his blood pressure meds to get everything out of his system and see what happens.  I pray it ends soon.  The scary thing is that he needs to do this surgery again in 6-8 wks. 

Thanks…

No comments: