Daddy had his 1st surgery yesterday and overall it went pretty good. They said the hernia was larger then they expected it to be, and it was pressing up against his bladder as well. So hopefully that resolves other issues. He didn’t get moved to his room from recovery until well after 8. When he came in he was sleeping and in pain. He slept pretty much all night. The nurse called me around midnight because his Blood Pressure had spiked. We provided them with an RX list before he was admitted and they somehow didn’t make it to the chart? So he was missing some doses of his BP medicines and she needed to know what he was on. I called back at 5 this morning and his BP had gone back up again, and they assumed it was due to being in pain. They were going to be taking him off of his morphine pump and give him his medicines through his IV so they could monitor how often he was getting it. Through the pump he wasn’t able to push the button to give himself more when needed. Che is at the hospital with him now; he says his pain is an 8 on a scale of 1-10. :-( They were going to give him some more pain medicine to see if it will help. I hope the nurses are nice to him the rest of his stay, I had to call earlier and wasn’t very nice with them. They asked me for a password to get info, even though they never provided any of us with one. So after a heated discussion with the nurse, and speaking the charge nurse they gave me an update AND the password!! *sigh*...
I’ll update more later...
Last night was a rough night for me emotionally, I’ll hopefully get a chance later to update on that… on top of stress and emotions, and I’m working on about 3.5 hrs of sleep today!! And right now I’m feeling very inadequate at work etc... Hoping there’s light on the other side of this…
1 comment:
Hang in there. It is so hard when your Dad (or Mom) goes thru this type of illness. Being in the hospital alone is traumatic and isolating - especially for the older people. My Dad was in and out the last 5 yrs of his life (he passed away on 7-21-07). I remember how hard this is - lack of sleep, the emotional turmoil. You taking care of your Dad - that's rough to wrap your brain around, too. Hang in there, keep leaning on the Lord and know you're in my prayers now too. God bless you in big ways and even miraculous ways during this time. Lord watch over her Daddy and send him the best nurses,we ask in Jesus Name. Give the doctors wisdom and knowledge concerning his conditions. We also ask Father God that anyone and everyone who comes into contact with her Dad will be kind and an extension of YOU, In Jesus Name. Thank you Lord. Amen.
Post a Comment