Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Grocery Game

As a family of 5 I’m always looking for ways to save some money. In the past I had signed up with http://www.thegrocerygame.com/ but didn’t really get into it every week like I should have. I’ve started in the past few weeks to really try and stock up on some good finds and thought I’d share my shopping trips this weekend.

I’ve gone to Kroger twice; my first trip was pretty good. I don’t have my receipt with me so I can’t recall exactly what all I got. But I know I got 3 bottles of Lysol all purpose cleaner, 2 Softsoap hand soaps, 1 bottle of apple juice, 8 boxes of cereal, 2 pkgs of personal care products, 2 bags of frozen tater tots, 6 sticks of deodorant, 2 bottles of BBQ sauce.. There may have been 1 or 2 more things... But I saved $57 (64%), spending only $33 on all of that!

Yesterday I went back and got 6 pkgs of Keebler Cookies, 2 bottles of Suave Bodywash, 4 boxes of Rice Krispie Treats, 2 bottles of dressing, 2 bottles of spray dressing, 8 boxes of cereal, saving $46.20 (70%), total coming to $19.49!!

I took my cousin Regina out yesterday and helped her save a lot of money in hopes of getting her pantry stocked up for her as well. A lot of things are things I wouldn’t ordinarily buy, but when I can get it for .50! I’ll get it!! J

If you’re interested in saving; start out by buying some Sunday papers for a few weeks (I buy the double edition) and clip and sort them. Then sign up at http://www.thegrocerygame.com/ , somewhere in the registration it’ll ask you who referred you, put me down if you can! My email I used is carrie.rogers@titlemail.com … I think you can get all of the stores in a list for $1 for the first 8 wks!! But remember, don’t sign up until you have some coupons in hand!! Let me know how you do!! I’ll post my deals on here when I remember.. J

No comments: