Sunday, April 22, 2007

Role Reversals....

Today I went to my grandma's to spend some time with her. She looked really great, had great color, smiling etc. She was a little disoriented, having moments of forgetting what needed to be done etc. She had been so weak she couldn't stand up to go take a shower or anything. I got her into the bathroom and helped her undress and got her in the shower. As I washed her hair, her back, feet and legs, it got me thinking about how roles really get reversed. I hope that I'm doing enough with my kids that they'll enjoy giving back to me in my later years. She kept saying Thank you and was glad that I was helping her out. Afterwards I got her out and helped dry her off, getting her dressed and back into bed. Once there I brushed her hair, rubbed lotion on her feet, legs and arms. Paying attention to her soft white hair. Remembering the smell of her shampoo, lotions etc. Admiring her long gorgeous nails that she's always taken care of. Through all she's going through she's still asking about Joey. She worries about him so much, with his asthma. She knows how she struggles with it at times and hates that he has to endure the same things. She's always been a super, sweet, caring, loving, gentle, attentive GREAT woman. I love her more then words can say... I'm so glad I was able to go enjoy some time with her this evening. Johann, thanks for the scrumptious food...

On a side note... I found out on Friday that I AM getting a raise. So that'll help. I had to finally break down a few weeks ago and get a loan on my profit sharing. And the money starts getting paid back on this paycheck, so that raise will help with that loan. I'm still not getting any overtime though. So there is a chance that I will not be able to make my trip to MI this year... I sure hope so... I REALLy want to go back and visit my family there.. And enjoy the beaches.... So anyway, we'll see!!!

((HUGS)) to you all....

No comments: