Finally, after over 2 mths I have a court date set up to terminate Chris' rights!!!! How exciting is that??? I've been so stressed over this, and will continue to be until it's all done and over with.. I must say this date didn't come easy enough. I filed the paperwork on June 15th. On June 16th a letter was mailed out to me saying that an Ad Litem had been appointed to represent Chris. I made contact with her on July 3rd and she asked for any information I may have on him. SO I gave her his mothers phone number. Well at the end of July, beginning of August I was told that after numerous attempts to contact Rosa (his mom), that they finally got ahold of her. But she didn't have any information to give them. On August 8th I had a message from the Ad Litem at work asking for his date of birth, that she had done a search on his name and needed to narrow it down. Yes, for those of you that are doing the time frame in your head, this is TWO months after my initial conversation with her and she's FINALLY doing a name search on him! So, I called her back and left a voicemail with his DOB, and asked for her to call me back so I can get a time frame on what I'm looking at.. I've left 3 messages since then, with no return call.. Well today I decided to call the court house. The District Clerks office said that she couldn't give me legal advice but that it didn't make sense to her, so she transferred me to the coordinator for the court over seeing my case. I explained everything to this sweet woman and she said, "Well I can't tell you exactly why it's taking her so long, I can however tell you this isn't the normal run of the mill case, it usually doesn't take this long." She said, "I tell you what, we'll set up a hearing date and find out what she has.." Hopefully it'll be the last one. So anyway, I go in September 7th at 9AM. She said that gives the Ad Litem 3 wks to do her job! I'm so flippin nervous!!!!
Thanks for listening!! ((HUGS))
Monday, August 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
AWESOME NEWS!!!!!
Im praying now!!!
That is awesome news!! I am praying for you!!!
Jana
Post a Comment