Friday, December 23, 2005

Let the fun Begin!!!


Are you guys ready for the holidays?? For once in my life, I'm ready!! I'm done shopping!! Everything is wrapped, and put under my tree! For those of you that know me, you know that is completely out of the norm for me. Usually me and Jeff will get someone to watch my kids and we literally shop all day on Xmas Eve. Then I stay up REALLY late wrapping! It feels so great to be done already! So now tomorrow will be a nice relaxing day with the family. I'm also fortunate enough to have a 4 day weekend! Something I don't think I've ever enjoyed before. And I get paid for it... Doesn't get better then that! :-)

Today I met my Warrior Joey and his family to give them there Christmas Presents. For those that done know, there is a great organization called Cancer Warriors. They set Angels up with Warriors to help them through a difficult times. Warriors are kids that have some form of cancer and are currently going through treatment. An Angel agrees to send cards, gifts, etc to the Warrior and there family! It is really a great organization and it brings great smiles to the kids and the Angels. You can go here http://www.cancerwarriors.org/ to view more information. If you don't want to be a full time Angel, you can sign up to be a Birthday Angel whenever you have time for it.. I've been Joey's Angel for a little over a year. I'm fortunate that this sweet boy and his family live very close to me. You can learn more about Joey on his Caringbridge site at http://www3.caringbridge.org/tx/josephdustin/ ... If you get time, sign his Guest Book and tell him I sent you!
I hope the kids weren't upset I didn't get anything individually for them. I did however get them a Family Gift. I got the Polar Express Movie, some tubs of popcorn, a tin full of candy, a kit to decorate 30 ornaments, a cookie set that makes 5.5 dozen sugar cookies with the icing and all, and a Cranium Family Fun Game! Above is a picture of me and Joey just before we left to go home.

I hope your family has a great holiday season MERRY CHRISTMAS, and may you have a joyful and blessed 2006!! XOXO The Rogers Family!

No comments: