When I moved to TX from MI 15 yrs ago, I never thought in my wildest dreams I would have met someone who takes such great care of me, and our kids. He truely treats me like a princess, and I adore every minute of it! And I count my blessings everyday.
2.5 yrs ago I was consulting divorce attorneys and researching apartments, ready to divorce him, over issues we were having. I won't go into details on all that was going on, some of you know what was going on..
But today, nearly 2.5 yrs later. I love this man more then I did nearly 10 yrs ago when we said "I do".. isn't that the way its supposed to be?? To love him more today then yesterday? I believe that your attitude when you wake up sets the precedence for how your day will be. If I woke up tomorrow and thought about the things this man does that drives me nuts, that is ALL I would focus on all day long, everything negative. I'd forget about all of the great things he does for us. I try my hardest to wake up everyday, and include him in my prayers, pray that I show this man how much I truley love him, and that I only do things that please HIM on a daily basis. I pray that Jeff makes holy decisions in his actions everyday, that everything he does with me, and the kids, showcases his love for HIM. Jeff and I can't fix things on our own.. we need HIS guidance to get through things... Not only with my husband, but with my children. I try not to think about what others think about the things I'm doing, as long as I know I'm doing the best I can for HIM, my hubby, and my children. And I think between me and Jeff, we are doing a great job. Ok, digressing a little huh! :-)
It's easy to let LIFE get in the way. Get up, go to work, come home, deal with kids, cook dinner, housework, never ending chores, sports, etc.. and we don't always fit time in there to be a married couple! That's one thing I know me and Jeff need to work on. Right now its hard though. Hes gone back to retail which means working a lot of crazy hours, and weekends, and not knowing ahead of time what we have to work with. Now that our kids are older, we really need to start just doing things together, last minute with each other. The kids need to see how much we really care for each other, and love each other. I want the kids to see that marriage is full of great rewards, but also has it's hard times. Our kids see us disagree, but they see us loving each other later that day. They know we don't always get along 100%, but I hope they see how much we love each other.
I love you honey, and thanks for all you do!

check out my business blog..
http://www.southerngalsboutique.blogspot.com/
No comments:
Post a Comment