In looking at my calendar I’m beginning to realize why I’m always so tired, and my house is always a mess. My entry way has turned into the drop zone for everyone. No matter how much I ask, plead, beg; it’s nothing to find 5-6 pair of shoes, backpacks, soccer balls etc laying there in a huge heap, if I’m lucky, otherwise it’s scattered all over the entry way. We barely have time after school to grab a quick bite to eat before running out to head to someone else’s practice. Here’s my schedule at a glance.. Trust me.. I’m not complaining.. I’m just saying.. I KNOW we all are busy, that were all tired, and have full plates..
The kids all have different functions going on so I keep a color coded calendar at work for them, so I know when I leave each day what I have going on.
Monday; Aleena stays after school until 5 for Choir, Peyton has Soccer Skills 5:30-7
Tuesday; Aleena has Math Tutoring in the AM before school, and Reading Tutoring after school until 4:15
Wednesday; Aleena has Art Masters club before school, and Soccer practice from 5:30-7p
Thursday: Peyton has Basketball Practice 5-6
Friday: Aleena has Science tutoring before school, and Soccer Practice 5:30-7 and Peyton has Soccer Skills 5:30-7
Saturday: Peyton has his Basketball games, and Aleena has her soccer games. In 2 wks Soccer will start for Peyton and basketball ends in 3 wks. This is the day we try to spend at mom and dad’s, I sort there meds and spend time with them.
Sunday: church 9:30-noon, and in 3 wks Jeff will start his soccer games that play in the evenings.
That doesn’t include everything obviously! Jeff is also on the MSA board, so I have to try and remember when he has his board meetings, schedule meetings, adult league meetings, tournament meetings.
And this doesn’t include Joey’s activities. He’s in Sports Training which means he has to attend practices and games of whatever sport he’s assigned. He just found out yesterday he’s been assigned to Girls Softball. So that means he has to attend all of their practices, and there home games. SO, some nights he doesn’t get home until nearly 10.
I’ll also have to add in there in the next week Peyton’s Recreational Soccer practices, usually twice a week. So imagine my frustration yesterday trying to schedule an ortho appointment that worked with my schedule (they are both getting in braces on March 2nd), and the DR’s availability, to get both in at the same time!! Between Asthma DR’s (every 3 months), Eye DR’s (every 6mths), Ortho appts (every 6 wks for all 3 kids), mom and dad’s dr appts, dentist appointments, other after school activities (choir programs, plays, conferences, pta events etc), trying to keep up with early release days, conferences, late start days for Joey.. it’s always rather busy.. you will notice the lack of things on this schedule that involve mom.. She gets to play taxi, scheduler, coordinator, housekeeper, chef, referee, peace maker, organizer, accountant, bill payer etc.. And during all of this Jeff is trying to figure out how he can start hosting tournaments again.. not just one sport.. but a multitude of sports.. *sigh* I guess my time will come when the kids are grown and out of the house. :-) Maybe..

No comments:
Post a Comment