Yesterday morning they gave Daddy a sleeping pill, deciding that four days was just way too much, and that his lack of sleep probably wasn’t helping his situation much. He fell asleep around 10 or so yesterday AM, not in a deep sleep though; still talking in between snores etc. Woke up to sip on his lunch some, went down for his MRI around 1, and passed out cold after that. We got there around 6 last night with mom and he was snoring so loud, and we were thrilled!! We stayed there for about 1.5 hrs just watching him sleep and talking to his 1 on 1 nurse (his “sitter”). When we were leaving he was starting to rustle around in his bed some, I told him bye and that we loved him and he said bye and he loved us too. I just called and got an update from the nurse. She is the same one that was there with me Sunday night and the other “sitter on Monday night. She said he slept almost all night, waking up a few times. She said the times he was awake were much better, he was still really confused, but not hell bent to get out of that bed. Today the sleeping pill should really be out of his system. I pray that this was the thing he needed, some sleep, to help get our Daddy back to the way we know him. Today will be another interesting day. I’m taking a break today and will not be going to see him, but Jeff will be. I’ll update later with how he’s doing.
These pictures were taken on Friday, the day after his surgery. He was sound asleep and Aleena wanted him to have a picture with Mason, a bear that Che bought him. They were taken with my cell phone so not the greatest shots...
Ohhhh... And I’m sure you guys are eager to know the test results... The nurse told us last night that officially she can’t say anything, but unofficially everything looked great!! The results have not officially come from a DR yet, we haven’t seen him. Hopefully today someone will actually be able to talk to him.
Thanks for your prayers and support. We appreciate it...


No comments:
Post a Comment