Friday, September 05, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy....

Today is an important day in someone’s life that is very important to me… Today is my Father In Law’s 80th Birthday! We are throwing him a party on Sunday (Shhhh, it’s a secret!!) at my house to help celebrate it. I love this man very much. Up until Jeff I never had anyone to call “Daddy”. My mom divorced when I was 3-4 yrs old, and I’ve only seen him for a period of 2 months since then, back when I was 12. I’ve had uncles in my life that I knew I could count on for certain things. But I never called them Daddy… and daddy is such a sweet, helpful, kind, selfless man. He’s always there to lend a helping hand whenever needed. And this man LOVES to joke around with everyone, about anything and everything. Never fails when he’s in the hospital (which lately seems to be a lot) when you walk in to visit he’s laughing so hard because of something he’s said to the nurse, and she’s laughing right long with them. And he’s even funnier when you take a jab back at him. He gets laughing so hard that face of his turns red and that mouth is wide open laughing this loud sweet laugh. My kids adore him to no end; especially Aleena. Which I love witnessing. I didn’t have a grandfather in my life either. Well he was there, but I have no fond memories of him. He was an alcoholic and sadly when he came around we all hid from him. He made a turn around the last few years of his life, but as a child I don’t have those sweet memories. He’s always picking on them, cutting jokes with them and enjoys having them around. Daddy I hope you have a great weekend, you deserve it.. We love you very much..

A few pictures of him with my kids.

Joey, Daddy and mom at Joey's adoption party

Aleena shaving Daddys face one year, shortly after him getting out of
the hospital. She's our little caretaker.

I love this picture; Peyton and Daddy





When I married Jeff I not only got a great husband; but the perfect "daddy".





No comments: