Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Not just any trip to the Orthodontist...

Yesterday I had to take Joey in for his normal check up at his orthodontist office. Peyton has had this tooth that he’s been begging me to pull out for weeks; now mind you he’s been doing it since the day he noticed it was loose. So without knocking it out of his mouth there was no way for me to get it out. This child HATES to have loose teeth. At the orthodontist office he approached the receptionist asking for a tissue. She asked him if he had the sniffles and I explained that he had a loose tooth, and he likes to grab ahold of it with something and wiggle it back and forth. She jokingly said she’d take him back and pull it out for him, to which he quickly jumped up and said OK. She gave me this shocked look, as if saying “You’ve got to be kidding, a kid that WANTS his tooth pulled out??”… I started laughing and turned to Peyton and said she was just kidding. He came over to me for me to see how loose it was and within minutes I had a hygienist coming out to get him!!! She said I think jokingly So I hear we have a tooth to pull out! And Peyton went running over to her and showed it to her and started to walk through the door. She looked at me and said is that OK with you and I said it was fine if she could get it out without hurting him! LOL. After a few seconds I heard her telling him she was going to rub a gel on there to numb it up, and I heard the ortho saying Wow, that is a really loose tooth you have there. And about 30 seconds later she said Ok, time to clean it all up, you’re free to go!!! They both walked him out saying how amazed they were that he was actually so brave! This child isn’t scared of anything, and aspires to do everything. He’s definitely my little brave warrior… Love you Peyton…

No comments: