Saturday night was such a sweet night for me. I slept in late on Saturday, which in turn caused me to stay up later that night. Peyton was my buddy that night, staying up with me while we watched TV. I got on the laptop to play some webkinz games for him, hoping to build back up his money. Which by the way, there are several games on there I could spend all day playing!! Peyton fell asleep in my lap while I played the games just a little after midnight. I sat there hugging my sweaty, smelly (he sweats really bad while sleeping) big boy for about 30 minutes. Just caressing his hair, kissing his forehead, rubbing my fingers over his face. Telling him how much I loved him, and feeling sad that he was getting so big. It’s moments like those I’m going to miss. He’s still very affectionate and loving, but not the let me curl up in your lap and watch a movie type anymore. I’m not looking forward to the day when I know longer have a little one wanting to curl up in my lap, ever. I still sometimes can coerce my 14 yr old to sit next to me, but not often.
Fast forward to today! It was the 1st day of school; 9th for Joey, 5th for Aleena and 2nd for Peyton. I had to drop Joey off at 6:15 this morning for his sports training class he’s doing. While taking the other 2 to school I asked them; would you like us to drop you off in carpool, or walk you in. Aleena quickly said she wanted us to walk her in, Peyton was the complete opposite. My little man who claims he can’t button his own pants, and still wants help with tying his shoes etc, was adamant he was walking in alone! And he did. As soon as we crossed through the parking lot, he got into the building and quickly disappeared into the crowd. L I was saddened by this; I can’t remember how old Joey was when he made that transition. But 2nd grade?? Come on!!! He still has visits from the tooth fairy; I still have to remind him to flush the toilet and stuff. He CAN’T be ready to just go out into that without an escort from mom and dad on his first day?? But alas; he is ready. And I won’t complain about having to do any of the above; I’m cherishing this as much as I can. Because I know all to well, that sooner or later all I’ll be good for is a lift to someone’s house, and some spending money to hold him over!
We walked Aleena to her class and we decided to peak in on Peyton just to make sure he didn’t get “lost” in the crowd, and that he made it safely to class. We knew good and well that he made it; we just wanted to get one peak of him settled in at his desk. The minute he seen us he quickly turned his head and wouldn’t make eye contact with us. :-( So off we went, on our way. It’s so hard watching them get older, and having different needs. But I know one of these days I’ll be rewarded full circle with some amazing adults, and great parents. Just in the meantime mom will be sad from time to time!
PS; I’m really slacking now as well.. I forgot to take pictures of the kids this AM. Not like I would have gotten any of my boys anyway; so I’m going to take some tonight! :-)
Monday, August 25, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment