Monday, July 21, 2008

Back at work today!

Barely might I add! I started my steroid pack on Saturday morning. I was able to go out Saturday for both of Aleena’s parties, while wearing a socks I might add! We had a great time at both parties. Her friends party was at a Pottery Place where all of the kids painted ceramic pieces. Then we went to my moms subdivision for a cookout and to do some swimming at her pool there. We had a great time. I was/am a little dissapointed that noone from Jeff’s family showed to the party (or called to wish her a happy birthday on Thursday, with the exception of her grandma and grandpa, an email from her cousin Adeana) but we still had a great time. After my day of partying I ended up taking 2 vicodin to help get me through the night, my foot was KILLING me…

I woke up yesterday excited that a lot of the swelling had gone down, I even had “wrinkles” on my big toe from the loss of fluid build up. It looked like it had been soaking in water all night! LOL. And of course I took that as a sign to get up and get busy! I scrubbed down my kitchen, mopped etc.. Did some laundry then went to mom and dads and sorted there meds. By the time I got home I was exhausted and sore again. I spent the rest of the evening with my foot propped up and Jeff cooked dinner. I decided to try and sleep without any pain medicine as I felt pretty good. Well I was up at 2:30AM unable to go back to sleep!!! I guess the steroids have made me an insomniac?? Lol. So, I got to work around 5:30 this AM; I think I’ll be leaving here around noon and heading home for the day. My foot looks a lot better, pretty much back to normal, but it’s still a little uncomfortable to walk on. Tonight I’ll be taking a benadryl or something to help me sleep all night!!!

Happy Monday! PS; Aleena gets her first cavity filled this afternoon! I hope she does well.

No comments: