The other night I was sitting on the couch with Aleena and we started talking about her getting braces on her teeth. I told her we’d likely be taking her in Feb. or March to start the process, that Joey’s are about paid off and it’s time to start working on hers. I was telling her we had it planned out perfectly; she’ll get hers, then when hers are paid off it’ll be time to start working on Peyton’s braces. Then by the time Peyton’s get paid off it’ll be time to start on college for Joey, when he’s almost done with college it’ll be her turn, then Peyton’s turn. She was asking me how much all of this would cost etc. Then I said, then that’ll be around the time you’ll maybe want to get married, so, just so you know you can’t get married until Peyton is out of college and we have time to save some more again. She was into the conversation until I got there; she quickly turned her head in my direction, eyes bugged out and said “Whoa mom, slow down.. I’m not ready to go that far yet!”…. To which I responded, neither am I!! But, that’s about the way it will work. Although with watching the stocks plummet the way they are, I fear I won’t be able to pay for college for all 3 kids like I’d hope to do. So it might be the good old fashion way; scholarships, student loans and them working a job through school to get it done... I’ve always said I didn’t want money to be the reason my kids don’t go to school, so it’ll happen one way or another if that’s the course they choose to take. Joey will be a Freshman in the fall, so we don’t have much longer to think about it happening… So scary, and surreal…
So, Aleena had the correct phrase in mind.. “Whooa Life!! SLOW DOWN!!!!”…….
Thursday, January 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment