It seems like it's rained every day since Memorial Day weekend. Literally it hasn't, but we haven't had many dry days since then. 100's of people have had there homes ruined, we've lost some lives due to the flooded creeks, rivers and roads. It's like a swamp out there now, and it appears there is no end in sight, at least not this week.
Yesterday I was able to get out to my friend Kristi's house for dinner. Our mutual friend George is leaving soon to go home to England for a month visit with her family. So we met up with her and her daughter Jessica for some great food and conversation. We hope to get together again when she arrives home. And I can't wait to see the fabulous pictures she'll bring home with her.
I'm getting really excited about doing this business on the side. I REALLY hope it takes off for me. My raise I got at work in April was only 3%. My boss said she hated that's all she could give me, but I guess she doesn't realize that's all I got last year as well. I didn't question it last year though because I had only been there 6 months. Today at work I figured up how much my gas has increased this year, and after I deduct my measley 3% raise from that amount, I'm bringing home.. are you ready... A whopping $45/month!!! WOOOHOOO...... Pathetic really. There are others who have gotten more then a 3% raise, bonuses still going out, etc. I'm thankful now though that I'm able to work a little overtime again, so that will help some.
thanks for all of your thoughts and prayers through all of this... Keep them coming though as we are still battling, and chugging up what seems to be a never ending mountain...
Monday, July 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment