On July 11th my new niece Lacie Rae entered this world. Melanie had to be induced as she was just in too much pain from her car accident, and the DR thought it was best to go ahead and induce for delivery. Lacie weighed in at 6lbs 7.5oz, with dark blonde hair, and the most perfect skin color ever. It’s hard to believe that Peyton was this small; he weighed 6lbs 9oz. Lacie went in for a 2 wk checkup and is back up to 7lbs, she had gone down to I think 6lbs 2 oz in the hospital. Austin is a proud big brother, saying the entire time, “Come on in everybody, Lacie’s out of my mommy’s tummy”… It’s hard to believe Austin starts Kindergarten this year!!!
Aleena turned 9 on July 17th. We had a family party one weekend, and the next weekend she and her friends went roller-skating. She had a great time at both parties. My baby girl is getting so big. Last night I needed help cooking dinner, and I was able to call her in and ask her for help on getting cans opened, and prep work done etc. I still have a problem with her being a bit “bossy” to Peyton. She likes to play the “momma” roll all of the time, and we are constantly reminding her that she didn’t give birth, she doesn’t give orders. She’s really growing up a lot here lately, facial features are changing SOOO much, and her hair cut has really made her seem much more mature. It’s really hard to believe that she’s going into the 4th grade. I love you Aleena!
I’ve got my site up and running now and have had a lot of hits on it. I’ve only had 1 order that’s already been filled and shipped out. She’s supposed to get it today so I hope she’s happy with it! I’ve created a flier that I’ve emailed out to everyone and am hoping that it gets hung up on bulletin boards all around. I also need to create a letter to mail out to the different boutique shops around, along with the gift shops in hospitals etc. There are several different ideas I have in mind to create and place on there as well. I won’t have any extra money to do that though until Aug 15th.
We are still working on our car situation, and getting our house caught up. Jeff went in Friday for an interview for a part time job; he’s supposed to hear back from them today. I’m hoping that works out. It’ll make my schedule a nightmare, but I’m trying not to complain about it too much. I know Jeff’s going to be exhausted working from 8a-10p, so the least I can do is be a happy wife and mother. It will only be temporary, hopefully by the 1st of the year at the absolute latest.
If you guys could keep some people in your thoughts and prayers... My grandmother is in the hospital again, has been there since Friday morning. She’s having problems with her Diverticulitis again, not eating much, really tired etc. My Uncle Paul, he’s in ICU right now and has been there since Friday as well. He and my grandma are in the same hospital. Paul has been sick for a few weeks and they called 911 for him on Friday. His sugar level was a whopping 1250!!!! He’s got horrible soars in his mouth; his esophagus is in really bad shape, bleeding into his stomach etc. They had to pump his stomach on Saturday I believe it was. He was really dehydrated as well, having had 10 bags of fluid put in him throughout the weekend. I’m hoping to go visit them this afternoon. And Jeff’s parents… Mom and Dad had to get rid of there dog Meg this weekend. They had Meg for almost 17 yrs and she was truly a member of the family. With Daddy not getting around well and still using a wheelchair a lot, and Mom not able to get around really good, it was in there best interest that Meg found a new home. It was a hard decision for all involved to make, and we pray that the person taking Meg gives her the love and attention she needs during her last years here.
Ok, I warned you this was going to be a long update. School will be starting in 4 wks, and then sports schedules will pick up as well. I can hardly believe that I’ll be the mother of an 8th Grader??? WOW… And then a 4th grader and 1st grader… Truly unbelievable…..
I’ll try and be more diligent in my updates…. Oh, one more update. Jeff and I were asked to teach Sunday School to kids aged 4-6 yrs old.!! I’m excited and nervous about this. It’ll for sure be a learning process for both of us, we’ll be learning along with the kids. We’ll do it for a month on, month off.
I hope everything is well with you and your family! Be sure to leave a comment so I know you were here. ((HUGS))
We are still working on our car situation, and getting our house caught up. Jeff went in Friday for an interview for a part time job; he’s supposed to hear back from them today. I’m hoping that works out. It’ll make my schedule a nightmare, but I’m trying not to complain about it too much. I know Jeff’s going to be exhausted working from 8a-10p, so the least I can do is be a happy wife and mother. It will only be temporary, hopefully by the 1st of the year at the absolute latest.
If you guys could keep some people in your thoughts and prayers... My grandmother is in the hospital again, has been there since Friday morning. She’s having problems with her Diverticulitis again, not eating much, really tired etc. My Uncle Paul, he’s in ICU right now and has been there since Friday as well. He and my grandma are in the same hospital. Paul has been sick for a few weeks and they called 911 for him on Friday. His sugar level was a whopping 1250!!!! He’s got horrible soars in his mouth; his esophagus is in really bad shape, bleeding into his stomach etc. They had to pump his stomach on Saturday I believe it was. He was really dehydrated as well, having had 10 bags of fluid put in him throughout the weekend. I’m hoping to go visit them this afternoon. And Jeff’s parents… Mom and Dad had to get rid of there dog Meg this weekend. They had Meg for almost 17 yrs and she was truly a member of the family. With Daddy not getting around well and still using a wheelchair a lot, and Mom not able to get around really good, it was in there best interest that Meg found a new home. It was a hard decision for all involved to make, and we pray that the person taking Meg gives her the love and attention she needs during her last years here.
Ok, I warned you this was going to be a long update. School will be starting in 4 wks, and then sports schedules will pick up as well. I can hardly believe that I’ll be the mother of an 8th Grader??? WOW… And then a 4th grader and 1st grader… Truly unbelievable…..
I’ll try and be more diligent in my updates…. Oh, one more update. Jeff and I were asked to teach Sunday School to kids aged 4-6 yrs old.!! I’m excited and nervous about this. It’ll for sure be a learning process for both of us, we’ll be learning along with the kids. We’ll do it for a month on, month off.
I hope everything is well with you and your family! Be sure to leave a comment so I know you were here. ((HUGS))




2 comments:
The diaper cake was received and a HUGE hit. It was awesome! Thank you so much for your quick shipping!!! I will keep your family in my prayers. Keep trusting God.
Lots of love
Jana
sounds like exciting but busy times! Enjoy making memories!
Post a Comment