Tuesday, May 15, 2007

I'm home today!!

I just received a call from my sister, one of my cousins daughter was killed in a car accident this morning on her way to school. She was 16 yrs old. If you could please keep my cousin Sheila in your prayers I'd appreciate it. Shelby was such a sweet young girl and it breaks my heart that her life ended so quickly. I don't know the details on the accident, or arrangements yet.....


I'm home today because my husband gave me an awful scare last night. He is on the Soccer Assocation board for our city, and is in charge of tournaments coming up this weekend. He had a meeting last night, and does every month, and is home no later then 11. I wake up just after 2 to find my husbands not home yet. I call his cell phone, straight to voicemail. Check home and cell phone for missed calls, nothing. Check my email to see if maybe he emailed me while there, nothing. I repeatedly call his cell phone, nothing. So I go into panic mode and call the police department. Our city's unit doesn't show anything with his car description, name, plates etc that has run through there system. So they transfer me to the Sherriffs dept, again nothing. So I said "Well his but better be in jail then, transfer me there"... nothing. At which point I'm suggested to file a missing persons report on him, as he's NEVER done this before. He left here at 6 last night and told me that he was hoping to get out of there early. So I fill out the missing persons report and they are sending an officer out to talk to me. I'm sobbing hysterically, my kids are upstairs sleeping, how in the world am I going to explain to them when they get up why there's a cop here, and dads not here.... I had been trying to log into Jeff's contact list to obtain numbers from others on the board and couldn't figure out his password. So I call the phone number for the MSA office, not sure if that's where the meeting was taking place at all. Get no answer. About 15 mins later Jeff calls me from that number, at this point it's like 2:50AM. He's still at the office with 4 others working on the scheduling of 195 teams for this weekends tournament. I was LIVID! I first made sure all was OK, still sobbing at this point and said "I have to call the PD back to cancel the missing persons report I just did on you" and hung up. I call the PD and explain that he's been located, and they confirmed that everything was ok with him etc, and cancelled the report. At which time Jeff is calling me back repeatedly because he can't believe I called the PD to begin with. So anyway after a few exchanges on the phone, I hung up and lied on the couch. After a few minutes I physically started to get sick. He came home around 3:30 apologizing profusely trying to hug on me. I pushed him away some and said I don't know whether to be thrilled you walked in the door or wish I had a gun to give the cops a reason to come back out here... I obviously wouldn't do that. But I have such mixed emotions.. I'm THANKFUL beyond belief that it was nothing. But can't believe he didn't have the common sense to call me and let me know he was going to be taking longer then expected!

*sigh*

Thanks if you got this far!!

No comments: