Ok, so you all know that I'm the one that waits until the last minute to do any holiday shopping. This year was not a good year for me to do that. With Jeff getting laid off from his job, it has put us in a crunch. We've got 4 weeks until Christmas. His last paycheck comes in the mail sometime this week, and it's only for 1 week. He's had several job interviews and leads, so we are hopeful he'll have income coming in soon, but it doesn't help us for the holidays. He starts at one job on Monday, but it's mainly commission. They apparently will provide him with plenty of leads to call on, so hoping that is enough. He's just going to try it out while still looking elsewhere for other jobs. This job could lead to working from home 4 days a week, it's with a reputable insurance company selling life and health insurance products, so we'll see. We don't have credit card debt, but this is for sure a year I'm wishing we had a credit card!! Because I'd for sure charge our Xmas on it and pay the minimum until he had steady income coming in, and worry about it later.
I'm hoping to work overtime this week, but unfortunately we have a cold front coming in on Thursday night, coming with that is a possibility of sleet, ice, snow etc. I drive to far to work to risk that, so that means if it comes I'll be using a vacation day. Which means any overtime I'll have worked leading up to that will not be time and ahalf. So, here's hoping the true Texas Statement holds true.. If you don't like the weather, wait a few minutes, it's bound to change again.
Monday, November 27, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment