Sunday, November 19, 2006

I'm glad this weeks over!

This has been a very exhausting week for our household. So I'll give a quick rundown with what's been going on.

On Monday I got a call from Peyton's school nurse that he was in her office complaining of an earache. I wasn't sure if he was really hurting, or if he was testing the system and mom to see if he could come home. She said he wasn't running a fever etc, so I said to go ahead and send him back to class and to check with his teacher in a bit to see how he was doing. Well his teacher contacted her about 20 minutes later to say he was sobbing and said it felt like Birds were pecking in his ears. Well you may remember that about a month ago he had horrible pain in one ear, blood and puss draining etc. When I picked him up on Monday it was the opposite ear and there was drainage coming out. I took him in to our Urgent Care to be checked out. He had ruptured an ear drum, and had strep throat. Last time I took him in with the drainage I was told by our family DR that he didn't have a ruptured ear drum, but this DR said there was no way, it was a ruptured ear drum, and you could still see the damage. SOOO, I'm done with that DR. And not just for that, but other things have happened that haven't made me too happy.. I come home to find my husband home from work early and was curious as to why. I jokingly said "You were fired huh!".. To which he gave me this look and nodded his head and said "Sorta"... He had been laid off! GREAT 1 month before Christmas... 4 months before a scheduled trip to Disney!! And shortly after getting home I realize Joey is sick!

Tuesday I took off of work and helped Jeff research jobs, update his resume etc. And took Joey to the DR. A new family DR around the corner from our house, that I LOVED! Joey had strep and an upper respiratory infection, that was causing problems with his asthma.

The rest of the week was spent going through bills, Jeff submitting his resume to 100 places, placing some calls etc.
On Thursday I started packing up my office at work to get ready for our move to the building across the street. Jeff went to Peyton's Thanksgiving Feast at school.
On Friday we finished the packing and I got out of work early. I went to Aleena's Thanksgiving Feast with Jeff and then got Peyton out of school early for his ENT appointment. The ENT said that he still had a lot of fluid build up in both ears. He wants to see him again in 6 wks, UNLESS we have more pain, drainage etc before then. On that date, if he's still got fluid buildup we'll have to discuss surgery. We will also do a hearing test to figure out if any damage has been done. Friday night was spent at my friend Kristi's house hanging out and enjoying some great food. It was Me, Aleena, George, Kristi, Shaylee and Kristi's sister Ashley. We had a really great time and can't wait for our next get together in a few weeks!! Yesterday was spent with a Migraine and what I think is a sinus infection or strep coming on with myself! *sigh*.. I laid around all day while Jeff ran errands almost all day! Today I went up to work with Jeff and Peyton to unpack all of my boxes and get ready for work tomorrow! Tomorrow me and Kristi are meeting our friend Amy for lunch! Mexican food!! Can't wait!!! ((HUGS)) to you all..

No comments: