OK, so I've got some great news to tell all of you!!! Today I got a call from the Attorney that was appointed to represent Chris. Apparently 2 days after he received the citation his wife called the attorney's office. Apparently they got her number from the lovely bill she sent him, because it wasn't on the citation or petition I served him with.. Well anyway, the wife says she wanted more information on the case. The Attorney explained what I was doing and the wife said, well he's not going to fight her on this. So the attny asked, "He's willing to relinquish his rights then?" She said yes, he doesn't want to fight it.. So the attny gets an affidavit together, mails it to him to relinquish. She got it back in the mail yesterday!!!! HOW EXCITING IS THAT???? He has willingly signed over his rights!! I got off of work today and heard this voicemail from her. My stomach was in knots!! and still is.. I have a HORRIBLE headache!!! I have sooooo many emotions running through me right now.. I get to go to court tomorrow AM at 9!!!! And then it will all be done and final!!! I called everyone I could think of.. Crying to some of them.. Jose is thrilled!! Jeff is thrilled!! I'm beyond thrilled!!
On another note though.. I'm upset and sad... Why?? Because this a$$ couldn't even fight me on this.. he just gave up.. In every aspect.. Don't get me wrong.. The over whelming feeling of joy I have right now so outweighs my sadness... I'm more sad for Jose.. Then again.. Had he fought me on this.. How would that have affected Jose? And my relationship with him? And his view on Chris? and Jeff? *sigh* I'm SOOOO Confused!!!!
So, I will be posting an update tomorrow when it's all done to let everyone know the outcome! Thank You all sooooo much for all of your support, thoughts and prayers through all of this!!! (((HUGS))) Love you all!!! Hopefully tomorrow the adoption will be done.. Jose Cruz Perez will then be Joseph Michael Rogers.. Jeff will be his dad legally! And I don't have to have the stress of wondering and worrying about the future of my child..
Wednesday, September 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Hooray!!! I'm so happy for y'all! I understand your mixed emotions. It's hard to believe some people out there can walk away from their child so easily. But look how well it's working out this time. Jeff is his dad and that's all that matters! Congratulations!
I definitely understand the mixed emotions -- why wouldn't he want to fight to be a part of a wonderful child's life? But I am so happy you guys didn't have to go through any more drama with him and this will all be over soon. Yay!
That's awesome news!!! YAY!!! Doing the happy dance for you all.
Jana
Soooooooooooo, happy for you and your family sweetie! I know it's bittersweet, sometimes it's hard to count our blessings even when they're staring right at us. It's okay, yall have been through the ringer. Take a breath. Hug everyone and from us too!!
Love yall-Perozzi's
CONGRATS - EMOTIONS ARE NO MATTER THE EVENTS IN OUR LIVES - LOVE IS THE ONE ON TOP OF EVERYTHING ELSE - I AM GLAD THAT WHAT HAPPENED IN YOUR HEARTS SO LONG AGO HAS FINALLY HAPPENED ON PAPER - LOVE YOU GUYS, CAROL ANN
How exciting! Try not to worry about they whys and the why nots. Focus on all the love that surrounds your family.
hugs
Post a Comment