Last week my good friend celebrated her 30th birthday. Her husband had been trying for months to think of something fun to do for her. He called me the weekend before wanting to stay at a hotel for the night and just hang out doing some fun things together, with Jeff and I. So he decided on the Gaylord.. Jeff and I staying there as well (in an opposite room) was part of the surprise. That day she thought she was just going out for dinner and a movie.. Jeff and I got there before them and Jimmy asked Jeff if he could decorate the room some with flower petals.. so this is what Jeff and I came up with.. There were also roses leading from the door to the bed.
We were sitting in the next room and could hear them when they walked in.. Kristi started crying with excitement.. She sent me a text with the picture of her bed and room.. expecting me to respond back with excitement that Jimmy had pulled something off.. but I instead walked into their room.. She screamed and threw her arms around me crying.. We went out for a nice dinner at Bob's Steak and Chop house. Then went to the Glass Cactus for a few drinks, dancing etc. We went back to our hotel and talked for a bit, then decided we'd be responsible parents and hit the sack early. We had soccer games early the next morning and they had cheerleading to go too. Much to our surprise dismay we received a lot of rain that night and our games were cancelled the next day.. So we had breakfast, walked around taking pictures, talking, laughing etc.. and then parted our ways.. Jeff and I came home and took a much needed nap.. We had a GREAT time..
Below are some pictures from the night.
Kristi,
Thank you for being such a GREAT friend to me over the years. Little did I know that when you helped me get my job nearly 5 years ago, how much our friendship would grow. I had only met you a few times in person.. You have been my rock, my shoulder, my ears, and my confidant. I can get advice from you without judgement. You've been in places I've been in and can give me honest opinions. I love you and your family very much. I've enjoyed watching your girls grow over the years.. and I love that many of my childrens great memories include you and your family. Maybe some day when we grow old, our kids are grown and out of the house, we can be neighbors.. sit on our porches with our Dr Peppers, rocking in our chairs, and watching our grandkids running around playing together! :-)
Carrie
"A friend is one who strengthens you with prayers, blesses you with love and encourages you with hope."

No comments:
Post a Comment