Monday, February 15, 2010

simple pleasures of life!!

We all have them, simple pleasures of life...  Life is filled with simple pleasures, the little satisfying effects you never really anticipate, but always take great pleasure in... Things that make us happy on the inside.. things that are pretty much free... here are a few of mine..

Like when you wake up and have a perfect hair day!
Hitting almost every green light on your way to work..
getting that front row parking spot!
Taking that 1st sip of Dr Pepper in the AM.
smelling a familiar smell.. your grandmas lotion, shampoo, your favorite flower, that baby scent, new car smell.
your little one putting his hand on yours while sitting next to you.
your favorite song coming on the radio, when you really need to hear it.
laughing... a good hearty laugh...
the sun shining, after days of rain and snow..
going for a nice walk with someone you love.. sharing stories..
hearing from someone you've been thinking about a lot.
getting a card or letter in the mail from a loved one.
your baby falling asleep in your arms.. how I miss those nights of cuddling.
a nice hot bath, and everything in the house is clean
Candles glowing at night.
seeing a bird outside of your window
I'm sure I could add many more to this list, but this is what comes to mind today...

This weekend I got excited about a few things that I bought, that just made me happy..
I've been on a hunt for a new purse.. I've had mine for a few years, and was beginning to despise this bag.  It didn't have a spot for my cell phone for one, just 2 big bottomless pockets..  I'd put stuff in it, and have to dig forever to find it.. while out at Target I found my purse!
First, I LOVE the colors.. all of those are my favorite colors.. well not FAVE.. Purple is my favorite color.. but these warm colors, I LOVE!!  I also love that it has not ONE, but TWO outside pockets for my cell phone... AND in the front, there is a hidden zipper section, just big enough to put my sunglasses and keys, and it doesn't juts get dropped in the bottom of the purse.. AND.. the best part, it's small!!  So that means I can't cram all of my junk into it.. just big enough for my clutch, checkbook, and a few little odd and ends... I was so happy when I walked past this..  :-)

My next great find...
I am always putting on chapstick this time of year.  When I can find my tube that is!! That is something I could have 20 tubes laying around, and never find it when I need it.  I don't wear much lipstick this time of year, because my lips, like the rest of my body is dry and cracked!  But this is chapstick with color! I love it... although, my one tube I bought this weekend?? is lost.. *sigh* I think  hope I left it at work on my desk!

So tell me... what are your simple pleasures of life??

Be sure to check out my Business Blog
free shipping on purchases $75 and over through February!

No comments: