Thursday, October 22, 2009

Finally... Fall is in the air!

OK.. I know, its been in the air for quite some time... I guess I should say that Fall is finally IN our house!!!! :-) I've been talking about pulling my stuff out for awhile, but every evening just seems to fly by... Honestly, I don't have much.. and I browse blogs a lot, and just envy the ladies out there and there decorating skills... I LOVE fall colors, one of my favorite seasons ever. That is one thing I truly miss about MI, my home state...

Well here are some of the things I have out...

My mantle... I put some straw, string of lights.. a few scarecrows
some decorated fish bowls that are done up in fall colors, they were centerpieces at a family reunion we held a few years ago for my grandmother, some pumpkins etc... Oh and a really pretty ribbon I found while out browsing the other day.. It has all of my favorite colors in it.. Orange, bronze, green and red... I LOVE Fall!!!!




A garland I had laying around, just decided to wrap it around my light fixture in the dining room.. surely not staying, but its there for now!

This has nothing to do with fall.. just found it a few weeks ago and loved it..




A scarecrow.. next to my Grandmother and Great Grandmother... 2 special women in my life.



This stays out year round.. again.. all of my favorite colors


I had the kids go collect some leaves from the backyard to put in this glass... they had fun helping me out.. :-)

Pumpkin Scented Candle.. A must...


Nothing fancy.. just glad I have it pulled out now!! :-)
Be sure to check out my business blog at

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice fall touches. That mantel is so pretty with the lights!
pk @ Room Remix

Brooke said...

Absolutely love the garland around the light fixture. Great idea!

Paula has candles? YUM!

♥ sarah said...

i love those lights on your mantle and that "wine makes everything better" sign! so cute! xoxo

Liz Harrell said...

Lovely! I like the black shades on your light!

Abramyan Avenue said...

Your mantle is beautiful! I was wanting to put some garland on the chandelier above my breakfast table but wasn't sure how or if it would look good. After seeing yours I think I will give it a try. Your decorations are all lovely! Thanks for sharing! -April