Monday, January 12, 2009

Another weekend of shopping...

For the past 2 weekends I’ve been on a mission to find some furniture pieces for my house.  We’ve been in our house for almost 3 yrs and I still don’t have anything in my entry way!  And I’m looking for a piece of furniture to go in my living room to hold some DVDs.  I’ve been in and out of so many stores trying to find something that works.  Last weekend my mission was to find new toss pillows for my couch, which I found!  Yesterday Aleena and I spent the day with my mom.  It’s not often that I get to spend time with just my mother so it was a great day for us.  We went to IHOP for breakfast, went to Pier 1, Kirkland’s, Justice and Garden Ridge.  For my moms Christmas gift I bought her a mirror to go above her fireplace, and some really cute sconces and a nice picture frame.  I bought myself some sconces and a cute iron piece to hang in my entry way. When you walk in and look up there’s a balcony off of my game room; that’s where they will go.  I found the iron piece at Pier 1, and at Kirkland’s I found these cute sconces to match it.  My mom ended up getting the same pair of sconces for her house.   J   Here is a picture of the sconces I took with my cell phone and sent to Jeff to see what he thought.  I’m hoping to have them hung up soon! 

 

 

 

 

No comments: