
Here is the first article I’ve run across about her Make A Wish Party; and this is a picture of Aslynn and her mom hugging shortly after she was presented with Dixie.
http://www.mesquitenews.com/articles/2008/11/05/frisco_enterprise/news/774.txt
Aslynn Howell spent Sunday looking forward to a trip to Frisco Horse Park to spend time volunteering with some of her favorite animals, but when she arrived she was surprised to become the proud new owner of a dark brown horse with a braided tail named Dixie.
The 10-year-old from McKinney beamed with delight as she rode her new pet around the park as friends and family members watched a dream come true. Howell is battling leukemia, and the Make-a-Wish Foundation and Junior League of Plano partnered with Frisco Horse Park to surprise her with her own horse for one year.
“It’s great, all my dreams have come together,” Howell said. “I can’t explain how happy I am.”
She also said that several of her family members enjoy horses, and that she respects equine strength and endurance.
“I like how they’re powerful, and even though somebody will saddle them up and put reigns on them they still to keep on going,”
Bennett Elementary School students helped raise funds to make their classmate’s wish come true, and several attended the party to see firsthand how the money was used. Several organizations and businesses also donated items and supplies for the event.
No comments:
Post a Comment