Thursday, July 17, 2008

Gout??

Yesterday I was diagnosed with Gout in my foot and the pain I had by yesterday evening was unbearable. I literally was crying with every move I made because of the pain in my foot.. I've been trying to do some research on it as I know little about it... and found this paragraph on

http://www.gout.com/causes_gout/causes_gout.aspx

Gout is a kind of arthritis that “flares” periodically—so the pain of gout is experienced as an attack. Gout attacks usually appear with no warning and leave sufferers in severe pain. In fact, gout is one of the most painful medical conditions. It's been compared with childbirth and bone fractures. Gout attacks usually last from 3 to 10 days and can cause knife-like pain, tenderness, redness, heat, and swelling in an affected joint. These are all signs of “inflammation,” so gout is sometimes called an inflammatory arthritis.

Last night even the air from the fan would cause my foot to really hurt.. I compared it to the time I hit my toe really hard on a coffee table, the heat that automatically went through my foot, the sharp tingling feeling all over my foot and the throbbing.. usually that goes away after some time.. it's constant in gout.. The 2 pain meds are helping some, hopefully the pain doesn't get as severe as what I was dealing with last night.

No comments: