Monday, November 12, 2007

Surgery Finally...

Mom just got out of surgery and she's doing well. Originally it was going to be yesterday morning at 8, then they postponed it to give her more rest; so it was going to be at 2. Well then they cancelled that because her kidneys weren't functioning properly. Finally this afternoon just before 5 they started surgery. She had to have some blood first as her blood count was really low, 8.6 and normal is 12-14. She'll likely have more blood after her surgery as well. But they put 2 screws in her ankle and put a walking boot on her. She'll go to rehab in the next day or two, where she'll stay for about 3 weeks. Hopefully she'll be able to leave to come enjoy Thanksgiving dinner?? Otherwise I'm sure we'll postpone it!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Carrie....
I have to tell you that I am in complete awe over you. I always love getting your e-mails. Of course the happier ones are better, but I enjoy reading all of them because I feel like I'm not the only one out there with problems and misfortunes, and whatnot. I wish I could do all the things you do with the warriors, and friends, and family, and all this fun stuff like sharing pics and your daily life on the internet. You are a neat and amazing woman, and I felt like I needed to tell you that. My life seems to be getting more back to normal, which means I should have more time and money to do fun things, and I think it would be great to get Aleena and Madison together, and sit and share stories with one another. Anyway, I hope your mom-in-law makes it to Thanksgiving dinner. It sounds like things went well with the surgery though after the low blood count. I hope your family has a wonderful Thanksgiving, and I'll be in touch. Take care! Lesley Peek