Sunday, August 19, 2007

He did it!!!!

Peyton tied his shoes all by himself today!! Ok, I know he's going into the 1st grade and should already know how to do this. But last year his tennis shoes were slip ons, and we never had the opportunity to teach him (or the need to I guess)... But we went out today and got him some new shoes and I got tennis shoes that tie. We sat down on the couch, me holding one shoe and him the other. He watched me do it 2-3 times while I explained each step and he took his turn. And after a few tries at the 2nd loop, he finally did it! He did it 3-4 times in a row and did a great job, and then came the turn where he got confused on what to do next and quickly let us know he was done.. It was TOO hard... And he threw himself into the corner of the couch. After I sat here doing it over and over, telling my little story at each step, he finally grabbed his shoe again and practiced some more. Several hours later and he's got it down. He's no expert at it, but he knows if he takes his time he can figure it out...

No comments: