Wednesday, June 13, 2007

No Way?!?!?


It’s official! I am now the mother of a Teenager. Joey turned 13 today; which seems nearly impossible. 13 yrs ago today I gave birth to my perfect baby, 7lbs 12oz, @ 2:13pm; with the cutest 10 little fingers and 10 little toes. He was such a great baby.
I really have been blessed with him his entire life, not really ever causing me too many problems. Even through his toddler days, he was a great kid. I had someone ask me yesterday if I thought he was going to be a good teenager. I know that it seems overnight they change, I hope that’s not the case for him. He’s still my very affectionate, caring, loving, attentive young man that I love so much. He’ll still come sit in my lap, gives me hugs without asking, I get random text messages from him saying I love you.
Now don’t get me wrong, we have our battles. Like bringing his dirty clothes down, brushing his teeth, putting trash in the can, etc. But if those are all I have to deal with, I can handle that. Overall he shows a great amount of respect for us, he’s FUNNY, very witty, and doing pretty well I’d say.
We took him out to Chili’s last night for dinner, and he had Jeff and me laughing the entire time. He’s got some strange facial expressions, can quote movies like no one I’ve ever seen, he does these silly voice impressions, has funny little dance moves etc.

I’m going to brag on him for a moment. He’s now taking a summer course right now, and I was afraid he’d be devastated to have to take it. He was in just standard academic math last year for 7th grade, and after his test scores (TAKS and another test) they decided to bump him up to 8th Grade AP Math. The principal called me last week saying that his score on the TAKS was over commended, and the other test score was phenomenal, saying that you could tell by far Math was a great subject for him that he really excels at it. Joey is the only student this year in Middle School selected to go from Academic Math to AP Math. BUT, in order to do his best in the fall, the principal suggested he take a summer course of 8th grade math, otherwise he’d completely be missing that grade level of study, and may have some difficulty keeping up. So, that’s what he’s doing for the next 6 wks, 8:30a-12:30p M-F. That leaves him about 5 wks of summer vacation when it’s over with. He’s been named “Smarty” in the class because he’s the youngest in it. Apparently everyone else taking the class is doing so because they failed it during there 8th grade year, and need to make it up prior to going to 9th grade. Joey is going into the 8th grade in the Fall. We are all very proud of him…

Happy Birthday Joseph Rogers!!! I love you. Everything about you.

No comments: