Hello all. I'm sorry I haven't sent an update sooner. I'm going to copy and paste 2 emails I sent out this week regarding my grandma and Peyton.
His White Blood Count was low, which could be the cause of a viral infection. The DR said that he wants to re-do the labs in 2 wks, after that he will have been off of the meds for about 5 days and his WBC should be in normal range again. If not, then we'll need to do further testing, as it may be a result of a long term weakened immune system? This would indicate why he keeps getting sick. I'm not sure what would happen after that, so we'll see.
While we still don't have all of the answers, this is where we are at thus far with my grandmother. They called her on Tuesday morning to discuss her MRI results from Monday afternoon. The DR told her that she needed to have further testing that based on her MRI she's got pancreatic cancer. She ended up calling 911 on Tuesday for severe pain and nausea. On Wednesday they did a dye test on her to get a better view of the mass, size etc. My grandmother is a Jehovah's Witness, and they don't believe in getting blood transfusions, platelets etc. In order for the DR to tell us 100% that it's cancer he needs to go in and do a scope/biopsy on her pancreas. That in itself is a procedure she wouldn't survive. So, just based on what they found on the MRI, the amount of pain she's in, her blood counts etc, we are to assume she's got cancer. She's been sent home on Morphine and my family will meet tomorrow to get hospice set up for her. We don't know what stage shes in, how much time we have with her or anything. We are all really confused, scared and don't know what to think from here. They need to ask more specific questions, other then does she have cancer. He can't say yes, until he can do the scope etc from what I understand. but I want to see the numbers from her CBC tests. Her hemoglobin was down to 8 on Friday. Her blood pressure was back in normal range again. So that's all I know. We have a ton of family everywhere just trying to figure out what we should do at this point.
Thanks for your prayers, they are all greatly appreciated.
((HUGS))
Friday, March 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment