My grandma had to go in for an MRI on Monday to check out her cysts etc they had found while she was in the hospital a few weeks ago. Yesterday morning her DR called her to tell her they think she has pancreatic cancer. My grandmother has been in a lot of pain since Monday and called 911 Tuesday morning and was taken to the hospital. We still don't have a definate answer as to what's going on, but should have more details tonight. Last night her blood pressure dropped down to 100/16, she's on morphine for the constant pain shes in. She had a dye test today to help get a better image of her pancreas, we are awaiting the results from the DR. Today her hemoglobin is at a 9, which is really low. She slept most of the day and is awake right now.
I unfortunately can't go see her. Peyton has been sick all week, AGAIN. He's currently running a temp of 102. :-( I'm so bummed. I want her to know that I'm here for her. That I love her. And that I miss her. I want to touch her silky smooth hands. Run my fingers through her soft white hair. And kiss her on the forehead... And I can't.. I hope he gets better soon, so I can see her.
Depending on the results from the Scan, they'll want to do a scope. The DR told my aunt today that they'd likely want to do surgery, but he will not perform it on her. So after these come back, I'm not sure what to expect. I do know though, if she does indeed have Pancreatic cancer, this is the beginning of the end for her. The statistics aren't great for Pancreatic cancer.
So if you could all offer up some prayers our LARGE family would greatly appreciate it.
((HUGS)) Thank You... Carrie
Wednesday, February 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment