Saturday, January 13, 2007

Making a turn around?

Maybe 2007 will be better then 2006 afterall. We found out some great news about Jeff's truck that's been in the shop for about a month, and it looks like we'll be getting that fixed instead of trying to get a new one. So for now we'll make it on 1 car. He's currently at his 2nd interview with Nationwide, so hopefully he'll be ending his 2 month streak with no job. He's also gotten some good leads on District Managers positions for a few grocery stores in the area. Not sure I'd like him to get back in the retail side or not. They make great money, but sometimes have crappy hours, so we'll see. ALSO, yesterday we discovered he had a check sitting here from Countrywide. Apparently he owned some stock and they automatically sold them and sent him a check, so we had an extra $1k in our budget! So that's great!!! We'll have to pay taxes on it, but it won't be too much considering it wasn't a large amount.

Peyton went in for a follow up with his ENT yesterday, and he's still got a lot of fluid build up. He doesn't appear to have "hearing loss", just a hard time understanding. Apparently he hears everything really muffled, as if we all had our hands over our mouth to talk. Right now it looks like his surgery will be on January 26th. I'll keep you all posted..

We also got some breaks in our bills.. Our electric bill was only $121!!! Can you believe that?? Now granted, our heater is on gas.. But that was only $90 something.. So the 2 combined weren't to bad! I was thrilled to see those.

It's amazing when you don't have $$ stresses how much better things feel. Last night me and Jeff played darts up in our game room and we had a great time. Something we haven't had in a long time. We laughed, hugged, talked etc... I didn't have in the back of my mind, how am I going to do this, this needs to be done, I'm so sick of it etc. Now hopefully something comes along really soon before we lose this cushion we have right now. I'm being optimistic right now in that something great is around the corner for him, and that everything will be OK. We'll get our tax return next month, although I have NO idea how much we'll get, if anything. I'm hoping for enough to help us get totally caught up.

I'll keep you all posted!

No comments: