Sunday, October 08, 2006

Can we just laugh about it all now??

I guess it's a good thing that with all we've been through this month, that we can find something about it all worth laughing at?

On Friday night Jeff had to take Daddy back in to the ER. He had been placed on an antibiotic and started to feel sick, weak, had a "rash" coming out etc. His DR said he was probably have an allergic reaction to the meds, to take him off of the RX and bring him in to the ER if he got worse. Well his rash got worse and he just didn't feel good, so he was brought in. Daddy had just been released on Tuesday from room 222 and his grand daughter was now in room 225, and Daddy was back in the ER downstairs. Well come to find out, with all of the stress Daddy has been through, he now has Shingles!! Jeff walked mom up stairs to see Che while Daddy rested downstairs.

Fast Forward to today! We went to visit Che and after being there for about 30-45 mins, she calls her dad (Jeff's brother Mark) to see if he's coming up for a visit!! GUESS WHO'S IN THE ER?? Yep.. Mark!!! He was downstairs in the ER when Che called him!?!?!?!? Why you ask?? He caught his Cat Pee'ing on his carpet, went to get her, she took off running. He chased after her, got her cornered and kicked at her. Well he missed.. Kicked his bed rail and I guess got his baby toe stuck in the railing, had to pull it out.. Lost his toenail and gashed his nail bed. So he broke his toe and needed some stitches!!! Can you believe that?? That's when we finally just said forget it.. LAUGH when all else fails.. I can say I think I'll be wrapping my husband in bubble wrap though!!

Che is doing OK. In a lot of pain! And just plain old tired.. She is stuck lying on her back at all times, or up in a wheelchair. But that causes to much pain so she tries not to do that often. :-( I seen pictures of her car today and it's not pretty!!! I'll have to see if I can get some to post on here.. Until then.. ((HUGS))

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow Carrie! How much can happen with 1 family?? Thank God Che only got a bummed leg - but that still stinks. Thank God her daughter wasn't in the car. And your poor FIL. It seems like there's always something. We'll pray for everyone and hope y'all get some relief!