Sunday, July 02, 2006

Sea Fishing

My kids never cease to amaze me with there funny stories, there sense of imagination, great detail etc.. As always, I get a few phone calls a day at work from Aleena and Peyton. And I almost always hang up with a huge smile on my face, and even in more love with them. This coversation though left me in huge belly laughter, tears coming from my eyes. Below is the conversation that took place.. I of course am M for mom, and P for Peyton. It may not be as funny to read as it was to hear over the phone though..

P "Mommy, I went fishing today!"
M " You did! Where did you go?"
P " Down by where you went camping."
M "Sweetie, that was down by Austin"
P "I know, that's where I went"
M "How did you get there?"
P "I walked!"
M "Wow, I need some shoes like yours!!, so did you catch anything?"
P "Yeah, I caught a fish!"
M "Wow, what kind of fish did you catch?"
P "A Sea Fish!"
M "Wow, I've never heard of a Sea Fish. How many pounds do you think thisfish weighs?"
P "About 100 pounds!"
M "Wow that's a big fish! What color is it?"
P "What's your favorite color Mom?"
M "Purple"
P "The fish is PURPLE mom!"
M "WOW, how did you ever manage to get the fish back to grandma andgrandpa's house?"
P "I carried it on my head!"
M "Wow, you are one strong kid!"
P "Yeah, it ate my head!"
M "It did what?? How are you talking to me if it ate your head?"
P "Well it only at the sides of my head"
M "And you can hear me"
P "Yeah, it ate the sides all around my ears!"
M "What did you name your 100lb sea fish?"
P after some thinking responds with "Your name!"
M "Wow, so your sea fish is named Carrie?"

I then went on to tell him I couldn't wait to "meet" Carrie the Sea Fish!This conversation was so funny to have with him.. He's such a hoot!!

No comments: