Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Home Study Update..


First, this is an email I sent out yesterday after my home study..

"Well Buddy Powell, the guy appointed to perform our home study left a bit ago.. It was relatively painless, nothing like I expected it to be at all! He only went over our questionnaires we had to fill out, asked a few questions about Crispin.. Didn't ask the kids any questions while doing the study.. In fact, he happens to be really familiar with Farmersville TX, the area most of my family is from, as well as Jeff's. So him and Jeff spent more time talking about Mark (Jeff's brother), other people in the community, he knows my Uncle Billy as well as my late PaPa Billy.. He was a really sweet guy.. He went upstairs to look at Jose's room, asked Jose, "Do you want this man to be your father forever?" Jose smiled and said "Yeah!".. He said alright, that's all I needed to hear. He's going to write up his report for the court. Jeff is supposed to have a background check done through Austin with his finger prints. But since Jeff had to go through it with Countrywide last year, Buddy is going to see if we can get that waived and have Countrywide give us a copy of it. I have to contact the Ad Litem that was appointed for Crispin and see what progress has been made. But he made it seem like IF we can get the background check done, it's just a matter of a week or so.. Otherwise, we are looking at 1-1.5 mths. He said, We have to do what we can to not let him go to Chris.. So it appears he's on the same page as us.. :-) WAAAHOOOOOO!!!!! Anyways, that's it for now..

I want to say THANK YOU to the friends of ours that submitted your great letters of referral!!! You guys were so sweet, generous and thoughtful with your kind words and we are forever grateful for all of you!!! ((HUGS))

I'll for sure keep all of you posted on how this progresses!"


Ok, now on to today! Buddy called me at work and he has completed and turned in his report to the court today. He also got the approval from the judge to accept the background check on Jeff from Countrywide!! SOOO, now all I have to do is type up my adoption certificate, and wait for the Ad Litem to submit her report saying she exhausted all avenues to find Crispin and couldn't find him.. Then we can go to court!!!! I'm SOOOO excited.. :-) I leave this with a picture of soon to be Joseph Michael Rogers! xoxo to all of you.

No comments: