Wednesday, May 10, 2006
Shoo Bird don't bother me....
The day we were moving into our new house, our neighbors warned us that we'd want to put some chicken wire on our vents (dryer and stove) to prevent birds from making a nest there, they've had the problems before and didn't want to see us go through it. The next night I start to hear some chirpin'... Sure enough the advice came a little too late.. After further inspection we found a nest with what appeared to be 3 new babies in our stove vent. I told Jeff to leave them alone as they would die if we took them out. For about 2 wks we listened to them getting louder and louder, growing more annoying each day. 2 nights ago I went into the kitchen and had black flecks all over my kitchen counter. I'm thinking to myself, I didn't use any pepper while cooking, where did these come from? I got a rag and proceeded to clean the countertop. Much to my surprise the "pepper" started to crawl up my arm!! We had bugs!! On our new kitchen counter! On my arm.. after digging around, they turned out to be all over my countertop, in my drawers around the stove, on my microwave above the stove, and the cabinet above the door was covered in them! My kitchen had become infested with bird mites!!!! YUCK! Orkin was called and came to the rescue this AM for me. They removed the nest and birds this AM much to the dismay of there squawking mother and hopped off. After some spraying, scrubbing and bleaching I am for the moment mite free! *sigh* They've been all over my home phone so I haven't been able to use the phone at all. I hope the baby birds will go on to live a long healthy life, eating worms, bugs etc.. And that my vents can stay nest free.. Oh, did I mention that I have a nest in my dryer vent too??? I couldn't figure out why on earth I was running my dryer 3-4 times with each load! Now I know why.. So the bird man, AKA my husband, will be busy this evening trying to get them out! :-) So now I have visions of 4 birds and there angry squawking mother coming in my room tonight, laughing and giggling amongst themselves and then go to work on pecking my toes off or something!! Have a great day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment